• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Clash of the Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
CLASH OF THE ELEMENTS
By: The MasterTrainer
165199-duels-of-the-planeswalkers.jpg

THIS POST IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
SOME INFO MIGHT BE OUTDATED!
Might need some time (3-4 days) to fix everything. A little busy with outside life.

Introduction

Introduction:
The Single-player RPG Clash Of The Elements is my first-ever major map that I will upload in the Hive; and I want it to be higher than average.
If want to read the Story intro, go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...on-291/clash-elements-current-project-231873/
But, please know that the story (currently) only has the Introduction. I will update the story's contents as the project progresses; and by 'progress' I mean when the team has sufficient members.

Edit: Seeing that my team only has one member, the Clash Of The Elements will be divided into three maps, uploaded separately. So this will be the prelude to what is going to be a nice trilogy.

Progress:

My Progress:

Terrain:100%

Triggers:75%

Heroes:75%

Items:45%

Updates

-I worked on the terrain more, added the suggestions, started the heroes, added more quests, more locations, and the terrain made by juno.

- I refined some quests and fixed some nasty typos
- Edited parts of the terrain
- Started working on the First two optional bossfights
- Finished the two optional bossfights
- Added more quests
- Added more items

-Added some touches to the Starter Hero
-Changed the Intro Cinematic Completely
-Fixed some bugs
-Fixed some Typos
- Extended the Main Quest Chain
-Continued Working on the Icebound Demesne

-NOTHING. NOTHING. I took an unexpected but sweet, long vacation.

-I finally was able to complete the whole of the terrain.
-Removed unneeded objects and variables from the map.
-Re-tweaked most of the triggers due to idiotic deletion of important data.
-Fixed model-file/path problems with some units and doodads
-removed the storyline-related triggers.

Future updates: I will add more locations, add more triggers and systems, and add more quests.

Screenshots

Village Entrance By Sea
Village%20Entrance%20by%20Sea.jpg

Village Entrance by Land:
Village%20Entrance%20by%20Land.jpg

Primary Sun Well
Primary%20Sun%20Well.jpg

Village Savior Statue
Village%20Savior%20Statue.jpg

Tavern
Tavern.jpg

Food Storage Houses
Food%20Storage.jpg

Grain Storage House 3
Grain%20Storage%203.jpg

Secondary Sun Well
Secondary%20Sun%20Well.jpg

Tertiary Sun Well
Tertiary%20Sun%20Well.jpg

Inn
Inn.jpg

Marketplace
Marketplace.jpg

Village Lumber Jack and Lumber Mills
The%20Lumber%20Mills%20and%20Lumber%20Jack.jpg

The Village Bard
img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/3mpttr/The%20Village%20Bard.jpg[/img]
The Mayor's House and the Mayor
Mayor%27s%20House.jpg

Ruins Pathway:
Ruins%20Pathway.jpg

Ruins 1
Ruins%201.jpg

Ruins 2
Ruins%202.jpg

Barren Wastelands 1
Barren%20Wastelands%202.jpg

Barren Wastelands 2
Barren%20Wastelands%203.jpg

Barren Wastelands 3
Barren%20Watelands%201.jpg

Dragon's Nest 1
Dragon%20Nest%201.jpg

Dragon's Nest 2
Dragon%20Nest%202.jpg

The Edge of the Dragon's Nest
The%20Edge%20of%20Dragon%20Nest.jpg

Elven Village 1
Elven%20Village%201.jpg

Elven Village 2
Elven%20Village%202.jpg

Elven Village 3
Elven%20Village%203.jpg

Elven Village 4
Elven%20Village%204.jpg

Elven Village 5
Elven%20Village%205.jpg

Elven Village 6
Elven%20Village%206.jpg

Elven Village 7
Elven%20Village%207.jpg

Elven Village 8
Elven%20Village%208.jpg

Elven Village 9
Elven%20Village%209.jpg

Alchemy Lab
Alchemy%20Lab.jpg

Awesome%20Terrain%20by%20Juno%201.jpg

Awesome%20Terrain%20by%20juno%202.jpg

Arhgos.jpg

Forest%20%28Elven%29%201.jpg

Forest%20%28Elven%29%202.jpg

Forest%20%28Elven%29%203.jpg

Forest%20%28Human%29%201.jpg

Forest%20%28Human%29%202.jpg

Forest%20%28Human%29%203.jpg

Forest%20%28Human%29%204.jpg

Ground%20Zero%201.jpg

Ground%20Zero%202.jpg

Ground%20Zero%203.jpg

Gound%20Zero%204.jpg

In%20Game%201.jpg

In%20Game%202.jpg

In%20Game%203.jpg

In%20Game%204.jpg

In%20Game%205.jpg

2013-04-10%2019_26_11-Warcraft%20III.jpg

Features

Custom Heroes

-Will be chosen from 4 classes: Warrior/Mage/Hunter/Priest
-Each class can transcend onto another, yet higher class
-Heroes have default weapons at the start of the game
-Upon reaching certain levels, those weapons will receive a Grade boost
-Can use the Alchemy feature
-Can use the Faith system
-Can use Battle Points

Grade System

-Simple System: Every equipment in the game is categorized into 5 Grades: Grade D, Grade C, Grade B, Grade A, and Grade S
-Grade D materials are very common; Grade S materials are the rarest and hardest to find
-The higher the grade, the stronger the equipment gets and the higher it's sell price becomes

Alchemy Feature

-Players may go to Alchemists (NPC's) or Alchemy Labs (Building) and 'Transmute' materials. These materials may be: Gold Ores, EXP Crystals, Battle Shards
-Gold Ores have 4 levels (Gold Ore I, Gold Ore II...) which increases the value of the final product (For example: GO I = 100 gold; GO IV = 3000 gold) and the same goes to the other materials.
-Transmutation time depends on the material level. Usually high level materials have a more expensive transmutation cost than the low level materials.

Faith System

-Faith by default increases one attribute by a large amount.
-By leveling up or paying Gold, you may allow Faith to increase two or all attributes
-Faith can be leveled up by investing Battle Points or by using Credits
-Faith has two Attributes: Light Faith and Dark Faith. Each does no help at all to the hero attribute bonus, but instead adds some special effects to the Hero
-Faith appears as a buff
-Has Faith points. Faith points cannot be seen, and cannot be transmuted.

Battle Points
-Earned by slaying monsters in battle
-Earned by winning Bossfights
-Earned by Alchemy
-Earned by converting Credits
-Used in investing in Faith points
-Can be used to buy special items

Credits
-Credits are the tertiary in-game currency this RPG uses
-Earned by defeating bosses
-Earned by completing Grade B to Grade S quests
-Earned every level-up
-Used to Transcend to higher classes
-Used to speed-up Alchemy transmutation
-Used to buy special items
-Can be converted to Gold or Battle Points

Quests
-Quests are handed out by NPCs
-Some quests need specific requirements (like classes or equipment)
-Some quests are in Quest Chains (a series of quests)
-Most quest chains end in Bossfights
-Quests are divided into Grades also: meaning rewards vary greatly from Grade to Grade
-Grade B+ Quests give some interesting items
-Grade S quests reward the player with tons of resources and very rare equipment.

Artificial Intelligence
-Some parts of the quests feature an AI-controlled hero
-These heroes are often hostile, and will concentrate at destroying your character
-Some AI heroes are friendly, and once encountered they will lent you help in battle
-In relation to the before statement, most AI-controlled friendly heroes must either be found or they encounter you by chance, but some Items allow you to summon them

Cool Terrain
-I am trying to make the terrain beautiful and awesome as much as I can
-Currently I am the only one terraining this map.

Now, these are just some of the features of this RPG. There will be more.

Gameplay Video 1

[YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kmRC9balAk
[/YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]
CHARACTERS

Paladin- Adept at striking foes down from close range with powerful physical attacks and can withstand tremendous amounts of damage. Demetrius is an exceptional crusader, and is an expert also in AoE combat. His mastery over light allows him to deal mass damage in massive AoEs.

Axe Master- The Axe Master Onuven is a great Minotaur that can bash enemies with great damage but with low accuracy. Onuven strikes swiftly and keeps attacking the enemy until he prevails. This tactic can be deadly, though comes at the cost of accuracy.

Summoner- Able to summon multiple avatars at a time, the Summoner Centia can summon not just creatures and biological entities but also inanimate objects such as shields and weapons. Her training over the past years has allowed her to go beyond the normal mage's limit and transcend into the realm of the supernatural.

Gameplay and Objective

GAMEPLAY

The player chooses from a default set of heroes and use that hero play as the main character of the story. The storyline brings quests that requires a lot of time and a sharp eye. Being a single-player RPG doesn't mean you won't be the only one playing. Sometimes during a quest an AI hero will hunt you!

Multiboard- The Multiboard in the game will tell you your current location, some information about your hero, how much time is left before the Alchemy Lab/Alchemist finishes transmuting the materials, the current quest you're taking and its rewards, etc.

Inventory- This will have more than 6 slots, because limiting it to 6 would be boring.

Equipment Blueprints, and Equipment Sets- This is another focus of gameplay. Equipment blue prints are found either by defeating high-level monsters or killing bosses or completing grade B+ quests. Equipment blueprints allow you to construct your own Grade A equipment. Equipment sets are weapons, shields, armors, helms, boots that have the same prefix (Destroyed, Simple, Destroyer...)

Objective

The Objective of this game is for the player's hero to kill the Ultimate Boss, a dragon. But it will not be as plain as that. Because the scale won't always tip in the good guys' favor.

As stated above, the main character (you) will have to kill the ultimate boss, a dragon; following and completing the storyline.

Clash of the Elements

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
---Hexus---
---DEFACKTwalker---
---FreiBier---
---Hortaxman---
---Tarrasque---
---Mr.Goblin---
---Frankster (6 Resources)---
---Sliph-M---
---pippo---
---CloudWolf---
---PeeKay---
---GooS---
---Palaslayer---
---Golden-Drake---
---The Weird Human--- (2 Resources)
---Felz_09--- (2 Resources)
---UgoUgo--- (2 Resources)
---Nordmar---
---Pinachet---
---Fan---
---Uncle Fester---
---NFWar--- (2 Resources)
---Ultimata---
---Sellenisko--- (2 resources)
---Sin'dorei300--- (2 Resources)
---General Frank---
---xXm0RpH3usXx--- (wc3c.net; 2 Resources))
---67chrome--- (2 Resources)
---muna420---
---eubz--- (3 resources)
---HappyTauren---
---VampireHeart---
---Revilo---
---Takakenji--- (2 resources)
---Kitabatake---
---Forgotten-Warlord---
---Shadow_Killer---
---Hemske--- (2 Resources)
---KelThuzad---
---Mc_!---
---Kwah---
---Em!---
---Googlieeyes---
---Daelin---

Alpha 1.1b is here! Check it out now!

Changelog (1.1a to 1.1b)

-Fixed a majority of bugs
-Added some items in the local shop
-Made the intro cinematic skippable
-Added a "Paladin Sword" as a starting item for the Paladin
-Fixed some more bugs
-And more!

Last edited:
Level 23
Whoa nice, your terrain has definitely improved.. There's only a couple of things I want to point out but they are not really major things..

navbits_start.gif
In the Village Entrance by Sea, the grass on the cobbled path doesn't look good.. grass doesn't normal grow on cobbled pathways.. try moving it at the side of the path..
navbits_start.gif
The benches on either sides of the tavern doesn't look good with half of it buried and the other half floating... you can at least flatten the ground on where they are at..

All in all, your terrain has improved much.. :3 Me likes it.... +Rep

EDIT:
gotta spread some rep first..

Level 20
Whoa nice, your terrain has definitely improved.. There's only a couple of things I want to point out but they are not really major things..

navbits_start.gif
In the Village Entrance by Sea, the grass on the cobbled path doesn't look good.. grass doesn't normal grow on cobbled pathways.. try moving it at the side of the path..
navbits_start.gif
The benches on either sides of the tavern doesn't look good with half of it buried and the other half floating... you can at least flatten the ground on where they are at..

All in all, your terrain has improved much.. :3 Me likes it.... +Rep

EDIT:
gotta spread some rep first..

Done and done :) thanks for helping. +REP

Level 10
I like your idea and i hope you will continue in your great work. The only thing i found strange in the map, was terrain combination. You used some corals and statues from sunken ruins but trees and rest of terrain looks like grassy forest with tiled pathway. Anyway good job and keep into it! :goblin_yeah:

Level 20
I like your idea and i hope you will continue in your great work. The only thing i found strange in the map, was terrain combination. You used some corals and statues from sunken ruins but trees and rest of terrain looks like grassy forest with tiled pathway. Anyway good job and keep into it! :goblin_yeah:

The only reason I used corals and statues from sunken ruins because the village was actually near a great fortress, which was destroyed when a great dragon attack. It's all in this story: Clash of the Elements.

Level 30
Played the map and most of all, terrain. The terrain is...... amazing! Not flat and well- detailed. I also like the quests most of all the Mogrin's Report...lol but the 2nd question about how many active members... that changes everytime so I think there is no answer to that... Overall, map is great even at its ALPHA state.... so 5/5 and +REP!

Level 20
Played the map and most of all, terrain. The terrain is...... amazing! Not flat and well- detailed. I also like the quests most of all the Mogrin's Report...lol but the 2nd question about how many active members... that changes everytime so I think there is no answer to that... Overall, map is great even at its ALPHA state.... so 5/5 and +REP!

Not exactly. The 2nd question is here at the Hive's first page: "Most users ever online was //-//-// at //:// AM"

Thanks for your thoughts :)

Last edited:
Level 30
Amusing terrain moslty the Dragonn's Nest. But the Barrens looks flat and empty... no doodads just trees.... maybe add a little amount of doodads and its good to go. I wonder if you are really the terrainer on this one...? +REP, if I can...

Level 30
Terrain is kinda flat maybe make some little adjustments and it appears to be a little empty. Try adding some more doodads but dont spam them too much because it can make the terrain dirty and the doodads maybe overused. Also, the way you put the house is kind of bad..... But overall, its great, +REP again but need to wait 24 hrs... again..... annoying.... -_-

Level 20
Just to give you guys a heads up, the next terrain update is in 5 days (this will feature the suggested corrections by you guys, and will feature more locations. The next Alpha will be on the second week of April (will feature new heroes, items, quests, etc.)

Keep checking back here on a daily basis; I might be able to finish dome things faster!

Level 30
The bossfights in this map are kind of like this:
216968-albums6212-picture66966.png

and this:

216968-albums6212-picture66967.png

(these pictures are from what was supposedly my first project I was going to show the Hive, but my plans changed.)

It's much more cooler in a video, but the bossfights in CotE are gonna be epic. The pictures are for painting an image in your head :)

Cool bossfight. Now, this is what I call a true and epic fight! Keep it up, now I owe you 2 REPS for this cool map!:thumbs_up:

Level 30
Just a question about tree areas: is it consider 'spamming' to create very dense forests of trees?

Well, when making forest, you should not make the trees acts as wall but make them scattered and maybe put up some creep camp. Because trees acting as walls doesnt really looks like a realistic forest. This is a tip said by DS_Gamer to me on my map too. :)

-Your friendly helper, Hell_Master

Status
Not open for further replies.